Please contact me at too_i@hotmail.com or at 903-733-5743 for speaking engagements.



Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Random Life

Hope you had a great Memorial Day. I hope you found a moment to remember in prayer the families of those great men and women who have sacrificed their lives for freedom's sake. Or if you know a family personally, say, "Thank you."

Our Memorial Day weekend was a hoot! Friday night, Shawn was in the rodeo in Idabel, OK. Saturday, we had a lazy day of family time. It was great just being together with the six of us. Sunday morning we awoke to Abi's first words being, "Daddy, I just need to puke." Boy, if that won't start your day, nothing will! Shawn moves quickly when vomit is involved. Me, on the other hand, I am relatively calm in emergency situations. So Abigail was sick all day Sunday. Shawn left Sunday afternoon for the Warner bulldogging jackpot and Ft. Smith rodeo.

On Monday, the kids and I headed to Magnolia to spend time with Paula, Kaylie, and Jonathan Sweet. It was unknown to me that her air conditioner is out!!!! No air at work, no air at Paula's... Maybe God is trying to get through to me about these hot and uncomfortable situations. We had a fun, full day of visiting, moving furniture around and trying to locate an affordable window air conditioning unit! We drove home Monday evening and I put the kiddos straight to bed. Fifteen minutes later, Abigail was coughing her head off, gagging and crying...kept me up all night! She was better Tuesday morning. God is so good! None of the other children got sick or have felt bad. In a family of six, that's no easy task! Thank you, Abba.

I received the joy of leading a young man in his twenties to salvation. Jesus is so good to us. He creates us, loves us, died for us, and saves us. This man knew where he was spiritually. He knew the destiny of his soul. He stated very plainly that he knew he had said words in the past, but he didn't mean them. He knew if he died at that moment, he would spend eternity in hell.

I was so eager to share with him the plan of salvation, I kind of didn't even give Shawn much of a chance to talk. Looking back, I think maybe I should have, but when God puts a burning in your soul you HAVE to share! It reminded me of Jeremiah when he said he tried to not share the prophecy God had given him. Jeremiah 20:9 says, "But if I say, 'I will not mention him or speak any more in his name,' his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot." You understand, I just HAD to.

We spoke of sin and the need of a Savior. We spoke of the way to that Savior and that there was no other way to get there. We spoke of salvation not being a deed that gets done, but a relationship that needs fostering care and love and time to grow. I loved that as we were reading through the Scriptures he was actively searching the verses himself like it was the first time he'd ever heard them. (It may have been.) We read Romans 10:9-10 that states, "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." I explained that it was that simple. Know you need a Savior, know that Jesus is the only way, say with your mouth "Jesus is Lord", and you will be saved. I couldn't even finish explaining it and he was proclaiming confidently that Jesus is Lord! I loved it. It was the high-light of my week.

Do you remember when it happened for you? Maybe you've heard it a thousand times. Maybe you read this and it's the first you've ever heard it. I remember like it was yesterday! But I'm so glad it didn't end there. It is still going on today. Jesus is still saving me and making me holy. (I know, I know, it's hopeless, but one day He's gonna glorify me and you'll be thinking, "Wow! Look what Jesus did with her!") Feel free to leave me a comment and tell me what God's done for you. Or if you don't think He's ever done that and you'd like to know more, contact me by email at: too_i@hotmail.com

I pray you have a blessed day! Jesus, thank you for using me as your vessel. I love what you've done for me! I love the fact you did it for everyone. No one's past is beyond your grace, praise You, Abba!

No comments:

Post a Comment