Please contact me at too_i@hotmail.com or at 903-733-5743 for speaking engagements.



Saturday, May 30, 2009

Greetings from Tulsa

Good morning. We will be heading back home in a little bit and I wanted to let everyone know we are doing fine. The funeral service yesterday was beautiful. It is a blessing when you can be assured you will see a loved one again in heaven. I cannot fathom the depth of loss felt when a believer in Christ loses a loved one that doesn't believe. That kind of loss is too much. That kind of loss is too great and painful. I've never experienced it, and I surely don't want to. I hope you don't ever have to experience it either.

Does that spur you on to share your faith? Does it make you wonder if those you love are secure in salvation through faith in Jesus Christ? It does me! I pray that I will be a better witness of God's love and blessings through salvation in my life.

On a lighter note, let me tell you what Cara did. Grandpa and Grandma have a swing hanging from a pear tree in the back yard. It is just a small one, mind you, and Cara's bottom is almost too big for the seat anyway. But she was swinging on it with her eyes closed talking to me and she kept getting higher and higher. The next think I know she hollers "ow!" I asked what was wrong and she said she hit her head on a pear. It was funny to us, and maybe you had to be there to think it was funny. Cara asked me today if I had written anything about her on my blog yet. I jokingly told her that she hadn't done anything cute lately. Of course, she gasped like she was shocked. Then she said, "I'm your child. Isn't that enough?"

The answer is, "yes! That is more than enough!" I love you Cara and of all the Cara Leiann's in the whole wide world, you are my favorite! Thank you for all your help and your boldness in Christ. I pray that you will always live for the Lord and honor Him with your life. I love you.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, MY very favorite Cara Leiann, also!!! I am certain there couldn't be a better one.

    (Tracey, the 'word verification' on this post is hilarious. It is "degator". We are - degators!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Cara is undoubtedly one of the few - and maybe the only - person to ever- hit her head on a pear!! That's a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt June, this is Cara and I am so very proud that I may have broken a record of pear-head-hitting! see ya later

    I'm watching you moma

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Cara, you are priceless! And wonderfully delightful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cara, dearest, you can watch all you want. Just know that I love you!

    ReplyDelete