Please contact me at too_i@hotmail.com or at 903-733-5743 for speaking engagements.



Thursday, May 21, 2009

Girlfriend, let me tell you!

Girlfriend, let me tell you! Yesterday when I got home from work, Shawn had stopped by the store. For my birthday, he grilled ribeye steaks (my fave!), fried squash, mac-n-cheese. On top of all that was a mushy birthday card with a Dr. Pepper and a huge Hershey's bar. Does my man know what I like or what? Jesus, thank you for sending him to me and not someone else!

I could have whined because I didn't get the jewelry I like, or the big Fry-Daddy thingy I want, but just to know that my husband knows me like that was worth it! No other present could have spoken to me the way those things did. It told me that he pays attention to me. He knows me well enough to know my likes and dislikes.

If that wasn't enough, he even told the kids to stay out of my Dr. Pepper and chocolate! Wow, a treat just for Mom. That doesn't happen very often! Have you had something special lately? Just for you? Just for the record, I plan on sharing my Hershey bar with my children today at lunch. All four of those chololate-loving kids will get some of it. We all know my hips need no more help! (Shhh...don't tell Shawn I shared!)

All I know to say is, "Thank you!" Everyone wished me a Happy Birthday and I loved it. I had a great day. I am so thankful to my Lord for giving me the gift of "life to the fullest" (John 10:10). He is the giver of all good things. Good things like: eternal life, salvation, a good man, children, peace, monetary blessings, groceries, friends, sisters... I could go on, but I think you understand where I'm coming from. My heart is overflowing with thankfulness.

How about you? Use the comment button below and tell me what you are thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment