Please contact me at too_i@hotmail.com or at 903-733-5743 for speaking engagements.



Friday, April 9, 2010

It Will Not Return Void

Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" (NKJ)

Psalm 119:11 "Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You." (NKJ)

I am so excited! Today, Cara is competing in the regional Bible drill. I can remember the nerves and the fear and the hopes that I had competing in Bible drill as a child! I am so proud of her for hanging in there and finishing all by herself. Everyone else in her group dropped out half-way through, leaving her to be the only person competing in Bible drill from our church.

For those of you not familiar with it, Bible drill is just what is says. You work really hard and memorize 25 verses from the Bible, ten key passages, along with the order of all 66 books in the Bible. During the drill the "caller" will call any of the verses and you have ten seconds to remember it and step forward. For the key passage drill, you have ten seconds to find the passage in your Bible and step forward. In the book drill, the caller can call any of the 66 books. You must find the book in ten seconds and be able to tell him the book before, the book called, and the book after.

I participated in Bible drill for six years when I was a child. God declares in Scripture that His "word will not return void." How true that is! Many times during my rebellion against God, He reminded me of what His word says. A still small whisper would bring one of these verses I have memorized back to my mind. Even after all these twenty-something years, I can quote most of those verses! His words, His promise. It will NOT return void.

I claim this promise for Cara! Abba, You promised your word will not return void. I pray that for years to come, you would help Cara to apply these truths she is hiding in her heart now. Make them a lamp to her feet and a light to her path, Lord. Help her to see that your statutes are good and not burdensome!

How about you? Are you hiding His word in your heart so you might not sin against Him? Are you allowing His word to be a lamp to your feet and a light to your path? His promise is true for you too! Start memorizing it, and it will NOT return void!

2 comments: